Employee Diversity and Communication Liaison
M Boutique is seeking an Employee Diversity and Communication Liaison, a new part-time role which will be responsible for creating, delivering and implementing an engaging and seamless employee experience at M Boutique.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We are beautifully different together and continue to reflect that. Our leaders are committed to creating an environment that is focused on management training, diversity, equality and inclusion.
The Employee Diversity and Communication Liaison will be an open, honest and unbiased connection between frontline retail workers and senior leaders to ensure each employee is growing and reaching their career goals.
Job Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Undertake an internal equity diversity and inclusion assessment of M Boutique and its entities.
- Develop strategies to implement changes or improvements to the company after a through assessment of current practices, guiding toward diversity, inclusion and equity within the company.
- Create an action plan to carry out suggested strategies in three timelines – immediate, short term and long-term goals, with tangible metrics for achieving outcomes.
- Ability to identify and work through problems and conflicting issues in a clear and diplomatic way.
- Objectivity to maintain a bias-free approach to situations and people while being the go-to for employees for mediation and problem-solving.
- Ensure up-to-date knowledge about market trends, latest developments and best practices in the area of diversity and inclusion.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident entitled to work in Canada
- Bachelor level or equivalent (at minimum) educational background in Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) (public or business administration, human resources or a related field)
- Three or more years work experience in the field of diversity and inclusion, experience in human resources an asset.
- Experience developing, influencing and implementing measurable and scalable EDI strategies and action plans
- Proven record of handling challenging topics in a courageous and productive way that engages stakeholders in coming up with feasible and practical solutions.
- Excellent computer competency in Microsoft Office Suite and proficiency with Google Drive, Zoom and Social Media platforms is beneficial
- Project management skills; carry out a project from start to finish with well-defined objectives and outcomes, select and use appropriate tools and technology, adapt to changing requirements and information
- A self-starter comfortable taking initiative, working in a quick changing entrepreneurial environment.
- Exhibit a nonjudgmental, open manner and use effective interpersonal skills
- Listen and communicate successfully with diverse group(s) of people
If you would like to be part of the M Boutique team please reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note M Boutique will make reasonable accommodations available for applicants with disabilities if required. Please let us know if an accommodation is needed.
Thank you for your interest in M Boutique. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.